- Woman slain, 15 wounded in shooting outside Kansas City bar, police sayby By Michael Brice-Saddler and Reis Thebault on 20 Gennaio 2020 at 12:16
A 29-year-old man killed one woman Sunday night before an armed security guard confronted, shot and killed him, Kansas City, Mo., Police Chief Richard Smith said.
- City noise supercharged my anxiety. It was nature sounds that saved me.by By Paige Towers on 20 Gennaio 2020 at 12:00
Noise pollution can cause health issues such as an increased risk of heart disease, poor sleep and worsened mental health, studies show.
- 2 dead, 5 injured after shooter fired inside San Antonio club, police sayby By Michael Brice-Saddler on 20 Gennaio 2020 at 11:58
A 19-year-old was arrested for allegedly opening fire during an altercation at the music venue Ventura.
- Honolulu shooting leaves two officers dead, homes torched, police sayby By Marisa Iati and Hannah Knowles on 20 Gennaio 2020 at 09:54
A neighbor told the Associated Press that a woman who had filed four days earlier to evict the alleged shooter left in an ambulance with stab wounds.
- California police say driver rammed into car, killing 3 teensby By Associated Press on 20 Gennaio 2020 at 09:29
Authorities said they have arrested a 42-year-old man who is suspected of intentionally ramming the vehicle, killing three teenage boys and injuring three others.
- Puerto Ricans still waiting on disaster funds as Hurricane Maria’s aftermath, earthquakes continue to affect life on the islandby By Arelis Hernández on 19 Gennaio 2020 at 14:40
Residents stricken with disaster after disaster find recovery nearly impossible without promised federal aid.
- He helped make burgers safer. Now he’s fighting food poisoning again.by By Kimberly Kindy on 19 Gennaio 2020 at 14:00
Bill Marler, who represented hundreds of Jack in the Box victims in the 1990s, wants to ban dozens of strains of salmonella, some of the most virulent bacteria on meat.
- Okla. senators want MAGA license plates — which might violate federal campaign finance rulesby By Katie Mettler on 18 Gennaio 2020 at 13:00
The proposal would add two new license plates with President Trump's "Make America Great Again" and "Keep America Great" campaign slogans.
- Fighting suicides in dairy country through ‘farmer angels’by By Dan Simmons on 18 Gennaio 2020 at 13:00
Farmers in Wisconsin are trying to pull each other through harsh times. One remembers past struggles: “I felt so alone.”
- A radioactive legacy haunts this Navajo village, which fears a fractured futureby By Will Ford on 18 Gennaio 2020 at 09:43
Residents of Red Water Pond Road wonder whether to stay or go as they await cleanup of uranium mines’ waste.
- Alleged drunk driver in fatal crash has case dismissed because of officer’s misstepsby By Tom Jackman on 17 Gennaio 2020 at 17:36
An apparent drunk driver was charged with involuntary manslaughter after a crash where the other driver died. But a Fairfax County officer failed to investigate properly, and prosecutors dismissed the case.
- Officials said he died in a fall. Then his wife admitted to poisoning his water with eye drops.by By Hannah Knowles on 17 Gennaio 2020 at 15:38
A judge on Thursday said it was the strangest case he had ever seen, as Lana Sue Clayton pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and malicious tampering with a food or drug.
- Three decades after she left her baby for dead, police knocked on her door. She had been waiting.by By Marisa Iati on 17 Gennaio 2020 at 12:00
Police and forensic genealogists analyzed the DNA of the baby and the mother against genealogy websites, the same technique that helped investigators to identify the suspected “Golden State Killer.”
- FAA bans drones from flying over Richmond during Monday’s gun rights rallyby By Lori Aratani on 17 Gennaio 2020 at 09:36
Agency action mirrors flight restrictions put into place for other high-profile events, including the Super Bowl and World Series.
- A professor used $185K in research grants on strip clubs, iTunes and more, officials sayby By Lateshia Beachum on 17 Gennaio 2020 at 08:04
Ex-Drexel University professor Chikaodinaka D. Nwankpa is accused of spending research grant funds on strip clubs, authorities say.