- ‘They videoed his death instead of helping him’: A teen was fatally stabbed as peers watched, police sayby Meagan Flynn on 19 Settembre 2019 at 01:58
"This can’t go on. Your friends are dying while you stand there and video it," a Nassau County, N.Y. detective said.
- MIT faculty responds to Epstein scandal, calling for a culture change and greater accountabilityby Susan Svrluga on 19 Settembre 2019 at 01:10
Some faculty members responded with tears, and some shouted as they debated the university’s past acceptance of funding from the convicted sex offender and financier.
- He met his victims on Bumble and Tinder, prosecutors say. His attorneys say women were there to hook up.by Brittany Shammas on 19 Settembre 2019 at 00:49
Former University of Delaware pitcher Clay Conaway is accused of sexually assaulting six women.
- Spending bill would avert shutdown, keep government open through Nov. 21by Erica Werner on 18 Settembre 2019 at 23:51
The short-term legislation would punt fights over President Trump’s border wall until later in the year.
- Trump administration plan on gun background checks draws NRA oppositionby Seung Min Kim on 18 Settembre 2019 at 23:41
Republican senators were lukewarm about the proposal after a briefing by the attorney general.
- This back-to-school PSA from Sandy Hook Promise is a punch in the gutby Kim Bellware on 18 Settembre 2019 at 22:01
The anti-violence group Sandy Hook Promise released a devastating back-to-school PSA.
- Pennsylvania state senator, charged with possession of child pornography, resignsby Lateshia Beachum on 18 Settembre 2019 at 18:33
Sen. Mike Folmer resigned after two Republican state Senate leaders removed him from a key post.
- El Paso shooting suspect indicted by grand jury on capital murder chargeby By Mark Berman and Robert Moore on 18 Settembre 2019 at 16:59
Jaime Esparza, the El Paso County district attorney who announced the indictment against Patrick Crusius, has previously said he planned to seek the death penalty in the case.
- El Paso shooting suspect indicted by grand jury on capital murder chargeby Mark Berman on 18 Settembre 2019 at 16:59
The indictment states that Patrick Crusius “intentionally or knowingly” killed 22 people in the rampage last month.
- Which black Americans should get reparations?by Wesley Lowery on 18 Settembre 2019 at 15:49
A group of experts led by economist William “Sandy” Darity is trying to define who is a “descendant of slavery.&rdquo
- Texas Gulf Coast experiencing life-threatening flash flooding from tropical depression Imeldaby Matthew Cappucci on 18 Settembre 2019 at 14:08
A widespread 5 to 10 inches, with localized amounts closing in on or exceeding 2 feet, is likely.
- The best little schoolhouse in Oregon, and how it got to be that wayby Jay Mathews on 18 Settembre 2019 at 12:00
Once near collapse, the district in Corbett had to strive just to survive.
- Detroit has thousands of vacant lots. Here’s why some are becoming honeybee farms.by Marisa Iati on 18 Settembre 2019 at 11:30
Detroit Hives aims to revitalize the economically depressed city by turning vacant lots into bee farms and urban gardens.
- Resident fatally shoots three masked teenagers who were attempting a robbery, police sayby Hannah Knowles on 18 Settembre 2019 at 11:28
Officials are investigating the incident as a potential “stand your ground” case of self-defense.
- Democratic donor arrested after third man overdoses at his West Hollywood homeby Meagan Flynn on 18 Settembre 2019 at 11:01
Prosecutors say Ed Buck was injecting men with large amounts of narcotics as part of a sexual fetish, allegedly preying on men "made vulnerable by addiction and homelessness."