- Man charged with assaulting Burbank police officerby City News Service on 29 Maggio 2020 at 14:18
He was charged with one felony count each of assault on a peace officer and felony grand theft, along with a misdemeanor charge of misdemeanor petty theft, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said.
- 7 shot at Louisville protest over fatal police shootingby Associated Press on 29 Maggio 2020 at 13:31
At least seven people were shot in Louisville as hundreds of protesters converged on City Hall demanding justice for Breonna Taylor, a black woman who was fatally shot in March by police who broke down her door.
- U.S. consumer spending sinks by record 13.6% in face of virusby Associated Press on 29 Maggio 2020 at 13:18
U.S. consumer spending plunged by a record-shattering 13.6% in April as the viral pandemic shuttered businesses, forced millions of layoffs and sent the economy into a deep recession.
- DMV grants more license extensions because of coronavirusby Jim Radcliffe on 29 Maggio 2020 at 13:01
Those 70 and older with a non-commercial driver license expiring in June or July are receiving four-month extensions.
- Police across U.S. speak out against Minneapolis custody deathby Associated Press on 29 Maggio 2020 at 12:16
Murder. Brutality. Reprehensible. Indefensible. Police nationwide, in unequivocal and unprecedented language, have condemned the actions of Minneapolis police in the custody death of a handcuffed black man who cried for help as an officer knelt on his neck, pinning him to the pavement for at least eight minutes.
- Norco ’80, part 11: Gunmen race through mountains, use terrain to fire on officersby Peter Houlahan on 29 Maggio 2020 at 12:00
Communications delays contribute to the problems during the pursuit of the bank robbers.
- Police arrest 9 in Fontana during protest over George Floyd’s deathby Robert Gundran on 29 Maggio 2020 at 07:13
No protestors or police were injured, according to the Fontana Police Department.
- Minneapolis police station torched amid George Floyd protestby The Associated Press on 29 Maggio 2020 at 04:17
Protesters angered by the death of George Floyd, a handcuffed black man who died while in police custody, gained access to a Minneapolis police precinct on Thursday, the third straight night of violent protests spreading beyond the city.
- Protesters return to streets Thursday night in Los Angeles over killing of George Floydby Jonah Valdez, Elizabeth Chou on 29 Maggio 2020 at 02:46
Several dozen activists congregated in front of the LAPD headquarters in downtown Los Angeles and then marched into the streets.
- Garcetti, LA City Council president urge Huizar to resignby City News Service on 29 Maggio 2020 at 01:47
Announcements come one day after an FBI corruption probe ensnared one of City Council member's former aides and pointed to the councilman as a prime target of the investigation. Huizar, whose home and offices were searched by the FBI in November 2018, has not been charged with a crime.