- Person hit and killed by Amtrak train in Chatsworthby City News Service on 19 Settembre 2019 at 05:42
Two Amtrak trains were stopped in Van Nuys and Simi Valley after the crash; but later resumed their trips.
- Housing head Carson addresses Southern California homelessnessby Wire Services on 19 Settembre 2019 at 05:10
HUD Secretary Ben Carson was noncommittal about what he could offer, saying the administration was considering all options, including re-using vacant federal buildings for shelters.
- Porn actress Jessica Jaymes dies at age 40; had been found unresponsive in her North Hills homeby Eric Licas on 19 Settembre 2019 at 03:04
Firefighters received reports of a patient in cardiac arrest at her home on the 9000 block of Hayvenhurst Avenue, where the actress and model was pronounced dead at 4:20 p.m. Tuesday, coroner's officials said.
- Prosecutor disgraced LA County DA’s Office with sexual harassment of colleague, lawyer says at hearingby Scott Schwebke on 19 Settembre 2019 at 02:48
Edward Miller, who prosecuted the notorious Bell corruption case, fights demotion at civil service hearing, calling investigation biased and flawed.
- LA Mayor Eric Garcetti re-connects with a San Fernando Valley audience after ‘quite a year’by Elizabeth Chou on 19 Settembre 2019 at 01:40
With a run for president off the table, for now, LA's top elected official returns to the Valley with a sizzling economy, but a homeless crisis that has drawn national headlines.
- Trump taps Pasadena resident Robert O’Brien as national security adviserby Jason Henry on 19 Settembre 2019 at 01:05
The Arroyo Seco resident formerly lived in La Cañada Flintridge, where a city councilman and family friend praised him as "somebody with great knowledge, integrity and diplomatic skills."
- Possible gang shooting in Wilmington leaves teen girl and man dead; 2 other people injuredby Emily Rasmussen on 19 Settembre 2019 at 00:06
Police were still searching for the suspect.
- How will you celebrate California Surfing Day? Here’s six ideas to get you stokedby Laylan Connelly on 18 Settembre 2019 at 23:12
The quasi-holiday lands on Friday, Sept. 20. But be warned, there won't be much for waves out there.
- Southern California elected officials slam Trump for trying to block states from setting clean air standardsby Brooke Staggs on 18 Settembre 2019 at 22:19
Opponents, many of whom have been elected after promising to fight global warming and improve the environment, suggested Trump is putting politics for his base above public health and common-sense economics.
- Chatsworth man accused of killing 2 peacocks with pickup pleads not guilty to felony chargesby City News Service on 18 Settembre 2019 at 21:51
The two counts against Floyd Michael Belton include an allegation that the 61-year-old defendant used his Ford F-150 truck as a deadly and dangerous weapon on July 25.