- 8 dead, millions without power after Isaias ravages East Coast: What we knowby USA TODAY on 5 Agosto 2020 at 18:58
At least eight people have died and millions are still without power Wednesday after Isaias hit the East Coast and spawned tornadoes. The latest.
- Coronavirus updates: Biden won't go to Milwaukee for convention; Chicago schools to start online; Florida surpasses 500,000 casesby USA TODAY on 5 Agosto 2020 at 18:56
Johnson & Johnson cuts a deal with US to supply 100M vaccine doses. Chicago schools are going online. The Clorox wipes shortage may be here to stay. Latest COVID-19 news.
- Chicago schools will have remote classes this fallby AP Domestic on 5 Agosto 2020 at 18:30
Chicago officials say the nation's third largest school district will rely on remote instruction to start the school year because of coronavirus. Students won't return to school buildings until November, at the earliest. (Aug. 5)
- Whiskey starting at $12,000? This bottle survived an infamous shipwreck 80 years agoby USA TODAY on 5 Agosto 2020 at 18:28
A bottle of whiskey salvaged from a 1941 shipwreck off the coast of Scotland was expected to sell for thousands at auction this week.
- Penguin poop is spotted from space – and lots of it – revealing hidden coloniesby USA TODAY on 5 Agosto 2020 at 18:28
Enough bird poop to be visible from space might seem pretty gross, but it actually means there's more emperor penguins in Antarctica than we thought.
- On the heels of Isaias, forecasters are saying 10 more hurricanes are likely this seasonby USA TODAY on 5 Agosto 2020 at 18:16
Hurricanes Hanna and Isaias are just a preview of the main act to come, top forecasters said Wednesday, with 10 more hurricanes likely to follow.
- 70 days of protest: Breonna Taylor's death has created a much larger movement in Louisvilleby Louisville Courier Journal on 5 Agosto 2020 at 17:59
An array of groups are protesting gentrification, deep-rooted oppression and police violence in Louisville in the wake of Breonna Taylor's death.
- Michigan governor takes steps to combat racismby AP Domestic on 5 Agosto 2020 at 17:40
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announces additional steps to combat racism, declaring it a public health crisis (Aug. 5)
- 90-year-old man comes out gay to the world during the COVID-19 pandemicby USA TODAY on 5 Agosto 2020 at 17:27
Kenneth Felts spent the last 90 years of his life not telling anyone he was gay, but during the coronavirus pandemic everything changed.
- Coronavirus ravages Mississippi Indian reservationby AP Domestic on 5 Agosto 2020 at 17:00
As confirmed coronavirus cases skyrocket in Mississippi, the state's only federally recognized American Indian tribe has been devastated. COVID-19 has ripped through Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indian families. (Aug. 5)
- The day in picturesby USA TODAY on 5 Agosto 2020 at 16:39
A look at the day's best photographs from around the world.
- For Liam Neeson and son, 'Made in Italy' was a family affairby AP Domestic on 5 Agosto 2020 at 16:36
Liam Neeson and son Micheal Richardson remember late wife and mother, Natasha Richardson. The two act opposite each other in new comedy drama, "Made in Italy." (Aug. 5)
- It's a bird! It's a dinosaur! No, apparently it's a lizard, as study authors issue retractionby USA TODAY on 5 Agosto 2020 at 16:18
Researchers thought they discovered the world's smallest dinosaur, a bird-like creature less than the size of a hummingbird. But they were wrong.
- Utter devastation after huge explosion in Beirutby AP Domestic on 5 Agosto 2020 at 16:16
Residents of Beirut confronted a scene of utter devastation on Wednesday, a day after a massive explosion at the port rippled across the Lebanese capital, killing at least 100 people, wounding thousands. (Aug. 5)
- Cleanup underway at Camp Lejeune after Isaiasby AP Domestic on 5 Agosto 2020 at 16:15
Marines and contract workers are leading the cleanup efforts at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune following Hurricane Isaias. (Aug. 5)