- Here's why this recession has been different from any otheron 15 Agosto 2020 at 02:50
The Covid-19 pandemic era is setting new standards for what an economic downturn looks like.
- Trump orders ByteDance to divest from its U.S. TikTok business within 90 dayson 15 Agosto 2020 at 01:19
President Donald Trump issued an executive order Friday that will force China's ByteDance to sell or spin off its U.S. TikTok business within 90 days.
- Rep. Jim Clyburn says probe of federal vaccine deals will look into indications of 'insider stuff'on 14 Agosto 2020 at 23:45
Democratic Rep. Jim Clyburn questioned whether the White House's plan to boost Covid-19 vaccine developments could be "benefiting one or two people."
- 'The death toll would be enormous,' Fauci says of herd immunity to coronavirus in the U.S.on 14 Agosto 2020 at 23:30
Most scientists think 60% to 80% of the population needs to be vaccinated or have natural antibodies to achieve herd immunity.
- Facebook says Apple refused to waive 30% fee on new paid online events featureon 14 Agosto 2020 at 23:17
Facebook on Friday took a shot at Apple, saying the company will only be able to pay small businesses a portion of sales from a new paid online events feature as a result of the iOS App Store's policies.
- Postal Service chief, under fire, admits 'unintended consequences' of his policy overhaulon 14 Agosto 2020 at 23:08
Worries about the election have only grown this week amid reports USPS is warning states that it cannot guarantee all mail-in ballots will arrive in time to be counted.
- Election officials warn it could take weeks to determine results in Novemberon 14 Agosto 2020 at 21:48
What's typically regarded as election night could drag on for a week or longer, as the coronavirus pandemic changes voting habits and as problems at the U.S. Postal Service slow mail-in ballot delivery, experts warn.
- California court rules Amazon can be liable for defective goods sold on its marketplaceon 14 Agosto 2020 at 20:11
The ruling deals a major blow to Amazon, which has for years fought off product liability lawsuits.
- Trump tries to push for a coronavirus stimulus deal — after Congress has left townon 14 Agosto 2020 at 19:07
Trump jumped more fully into coronavirus aid negotiations, but only after talks stalled and Congress left Washington for the month.
- SpaceX and NASA plan to launch first full length astronaut mission in late Octoberon 14 Agosto 2020 at 19:07
NASA and SpaceX plan to launch the company's first full mission with astronauts on Oct. 23.
- Appointments of acting Homeland Security chief and top aide are invalid, congressional watchdog sayson 14 Agosto 2020 at 18:51
The GAO found that the appointments of Chad Wolf, acting secretary of Homeland Security, and Ken Cuccinelli, acting deputy secretary of Homeland Security, did not follow processes outlined in the Vacancies Reform Act.
- U.S. seizes multimillion-dollar Iranian fuel shipment bound for Venezuela, largest ever of its kind, DOJ sayson 14 Agosto 2020 at 18:37
The U.S., with the assistance of foreign partners, confiscated a total of 1.1 million barrels of petroleum from four foreign-flagged oil tankers, as Tehran and Caracas attempt to sidestep U.S. sanctions.
- One in three New York restaurants won't open after the pandemic. The Fat Radish is one of the unlucky oneson 14 Agosto 2020 at 18:37
The Fat Radish will shutter its doors forever, joining the scores of New York restaurants that have decided to close permanently.
- Trump on Russia's approved 'Sputnik V' coronavirus vaccine: 'We hope it works'on 14 Agosto 2020 at 18:33
President Donald Trump said that he hopes Russia's recently approved vaccine for the coronavirus works as scientists and public health officials worry whether it's safe.
- Trump will visit ill brother Robert in New York City hospitalon 14 Agosto 2020 at 18:15
President Donald Trump's brother, Robert Trump, who was hospitalized with an illness recently just before suing their niece over a tell-all book about the family, is now back in a hospital in New York City.