- Live Covid-19 Tracker and Updateson 15 Agosto 2020 at 03:56
People who recover from the virus have a three-month window of safety, C.D.C. guidance shows. The U.S. Postal Service warned several states that it may not be able to meet deadlines for delivering last-minute mail-in ballots.
- 3 Mississippi Police Officers Charged With Murder of Black Manby Michael Levenson and Marie Fazio on 15 Agosto 2020 at 02:39
A grand jury indictment accused the officers of pulling George Robinson, 62, from his car in Jackson, Miss., last year, slamming him headfirst into the pavement, and striking and kicking him in the head and the chest.
- Vanessa Guillen Is Memorialized at Texas Serviceby Christina Morales on 15 Agosto 2020 at 01:33
The family of the Army specialist, whose remains were recovered after being reported missing for months from Fort Hood in Texas, remembered her on Friday at a service at her high school.
- When Trump Calls a Black Woman ‘Angry,’ He Feeds This Racist Tropeby Melena Ryzik, Reggie Ugwu, Maya Phillips and Julia Jacobs on 15 Agosto 2020 at 01:29
President Trump’s use of the word to describe Joe Biden’s vice-presidential pick, Kamala Harris, plays off a hurtful stereotype with a decades-long history.
- Black Like Kamalaby Jamelle Bouie on 15 Agosto 2020 at 01:09
Republican efforts to deny Senator Harris’s identity as an African-American and turn her into a noncitizen are destined to fail.
- Yale Decision: Justice Dept. Ruling Stings Studentsby Anemona Hartocollis and Giulia McDonnell Nieto del Rio on 15 Agosto 2020 at 00:13
The Trump administration’s charge that the university discriminates against Asian-American applicants was disputed by many Asian-American students and others.
- A Dictatorship in Belarus Is Shakenby The Editorial Board on 15 Agosto 2020 at 00:03
It seems that those living under Aleksandr Lukashenko’s rule won’t abide him forever.
- U.N. Security Council Rejects U.S. Proposal to Extend Arms Embargo on Iranby Michael Schwirtz on 15 Agosto 2020 at 00:02
The defeat underscored America’s deepening global isolation on Iran. But for the Trump administration, the vote could open a separate path to try to inflict maximum damage on Iran.
- USPS and Mail-In Ballots: States Warned It May Not Meet Deadlinesby Luke Broadwater, Hailey Fuchs and Nick Corasaniti on 14 Agosto 2020 at 23:42
The agency suggested allowing at least 15 days to request a ballot, fueling further criticism that it was making it harder to vote during the pandemic.
- The Unlikely Triumph of Italian Nationhoodby Roger Cohen on 14 Agosto 2020 at 23:00
Italy coheres as America breaks apart.
- In Diplomatic Doubleheader, U.S. Seizes Iranian Fuel From Ships Headed to Venezuelaby Lara Jakes and Eric Schmitt on 14 Agosto 2020 at 22:50
The high-seas handover blocked two diplomatic adversaries from evading American economic sanctions. Iran denied it was its fuel.
- For Clint Frazier, Another Chance to Prove He Belongs in the Bronxby James Wagner on 14 Agosto 2020 at 22:41
For years, the young outfielder has been too flawed to play full-time but too talented to trade away. Now, a series of Yankees injuries has given him a fresh chance to make his mark.
- Expecting at the National Zoo: Washington Hopes to Gain a Baby Pandaby Aimee Ortiz on 14 Agosto 2020 at 22:31
Mei Xiang, a 22-year-old giant panda, has “tissue consistent with fetal development” and could deliver in a few days, according to the zoo.
- Kamala Harris and Disinformation: Debunking 3 Viral Falsehoodsby Davey Alba on 14 Agosto 2020 at 22:20
False and misleading information about Ms. Harris has surged in the days since she joined the Biden ticket.
- ‘Coronavirus Schools Briefing’by The New York Times on 14 Agosto 2020 at 22:17
A newsletter on how the pandemic is upending education. Coming soon.